Friday, May 21, 2010

Sort of, Yes, Obsessed with This Image

Alice in Wonderland, George Dunlop Leslie

Love Alice's chubby and serious little face, the couch, her resting doll, her mama's yellow dress, her black tights and shiny shoes, the way her pinafore is falling off one shoulder, and that she's being read to.  Alice is so vulnerable in Wonderland that I like to think of her here, although I guess the title implies that this is sort of a Wonderland, too.  Maybe the Wonderland, come from a book.

(Should say, saw it first here, at a blog I am certainly obsessed with as well.)

5 comments:

Reba said...

i love it too. She looks so far off, as if she can see what's happening in the book

Amara said...

..."I had a mother who read to me" Do you remember Gramma saying that poem? Lucky little girl.

Reba said...

ps: this would be a great prompt for writeus. I think it's your turn :)

Reba said...

pps: do you knit?

Deja said...

Oh! Whoops! Thanks for reminding me. I'm right on it.

And I don't need. I just like that lady's words. She makes pretty things, but it's her words I love.